Between entertaining family over Thanksgiving, and the hectic season of Christmas, it can be hard to have time to find meaningful gifts for your loved ones. What do you buy for the person who has everything? Sometimes the best gifts don’t come with a hefty price tag, but rather are an investment of the heart and simple ways to show that you care.
These easy handcrafted gifts are sure to please even the pickiest person on your list and don’t require years of extensive DIY experience.
Exfoliating Sea Salt Scrub
Dead sea salt forms the base of this healthy exfoliating scrub and helps your body retain essential moisture and restores vital minerals such as magnesium and calcium. You can experiment with different types of essential oil for personalized scents and delightful combinations.
- 1 cup dead sea salt
- ¼ cup softened coconut oil
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Be sure that coconut oil is mixed in well and there are no lumps.
- Store in an airtight jar and use for up to 6 months.
- Optional, tie with a ribbon or plaid fabric to add a holiday flare.
How to use:
Use in the shower or bath by scooping out a small amount of the scrub with your hands and rubbing in a circular motion on rough areas of the body. Rinse well and follow with a moisturizer while skin is still wet.
Vanilla and Orange Body Spray
Perfumes and body sprays may help you smell fantastic, but they are loaded with harmful chemicals and toxins that disrupt your body and can create long-term issues. Thankfully, you don’t have to sacrifice a delightful smell for the sake of your health. This body spray makes a super thoughtful, individualized gift and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
- Dark colored glass spray bottle
- 16 drops vanilla oleoresin
- 4 drops sweet orange essential oil
- ¼ vodka, or witch hazel with alcohol
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl using a whisk.
- Using a funnel, add to a glass bottle.
- Shake well before using and enjoy!
Soothing Lip Balm
Finding a lip balm that doesn’t dry out your lips can be difficult and often expensive. These cute little tubes of lip balm make excellent gifts for the person who is always complaining of chapped lips. Plus, harsh winter winds often cause painful cracking and even bleeding. Try printing out your own label on sticker paper with the name of the scent or a holiday greeting.
- 2 Tbsp grated, packed cocoa butter
- 2 Tbsp tightly packed grated beeswax
- 1 Tbsp plus one tsp coconut oil
- 30 drops peppermint or sweet orange essential oil. You can use less or none if you don’t want your lip balm to be as heavily fragranced.
- ⅛ tsp vitamin E oil, optional. Helps with moisture retention and skin health.
- Lip balm tubes or shallow tins.
- In a double boiler, melt together beeswax and cocoa butter.
- Add in coconut oil and stir until melted and mixed well.
- Remove from heat, add in essential oil and vitamin E oil and stir. Skip this step if omitting oils.
- Pour hot mixture carefully into containers and allow to cool. Simplify this step by first transitioning to a measuring cup with a spout.
Sweet and Spicy Chai Mix
Chai is the favorite drink of many people around the fall and winter seasons and is not only delicious hot but cold as well! Gift this mix to your favorite tea drinker or anyone looking for a seasonal drink other than hot chocolate. Attach a label with brewing instructions and a festive ribbon for an insanely easy, healthy, holiday gift.
- 2 Tbsp hulled cardamom seeds
- 2 Tbsp dried ginger root
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon chips
- 2 Tbsp fennel seed
- 1 Tbsp peppercorns
- 7 Tbsp loose black tea
- Simply combine all ingredients in an airtight jar. Mix well.
Add 1 Tbsp of tea mix into tea infuser and place in mug. Pour ¾ cup boiling water over tea and steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove tea infuser and add ¼ cup milk of choice. Sweeten to taste with raw honey or sugar.
Spicy Chili Salt with a Hint of Lime
This spectacular salt makes an excellent gift for the culinary lover, spicy food addict, or anyone who enjoys exciting food with a kick. For an extra thoughtful gift, include a few recipes that would pair well with this salt. Use it in cooking or to season various dishes such as tacos, french fries, or burritos.
- ¼ cup unrefined salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lime zest
- Zest lime using a cheese grater or zester. Be sure not to zest the bitter white part of the lime.
- Spread out zest on a paper towel and allow to dry for at least two hours.
- Combine all ingredients, making sure to mix well.
- Add to a decorative jar and enjoy!